Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default need to know where the wires go

Hi there Group :-) John from NY here. I have a question about my craftsman
bench utility motor... I took it apart to rewire it and I can't figure (or
remember) where the wires go. It's a 115V, 6.2AMP,1/2 HP motor that spins at
3500 RPM's. What else I know is that a white and green wire go to the
ancient capacitor mounted in the base of this motor. It also has a
syntrifical switch. It has white and green wires coming out of the windings
(I think it's 2 of each). Anybody know how to put this thing back
together??? Thanks :-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

vze2vv6g wrote:
Hi there Group :-) John from NY here. I have a question about my craftsman
bench utility motor... I took it apart to rewire it and I can't figure (or
remember) where the wires go. It's a 115V, 6.2AMP,1/2 HP motor that spins at
3500 RPM's. What else I know is that a white and green wire go to the
ancient capacitor mounted in the base of this motor. It also has a
syntrifical switch. It has white and green wires coming out of the windings
(I think it's 2 of each). Anybody know how to put this thing back
together??? Thanks :-)

http://www.iprocessmart.com/leeson/l...se_article.htm

the Negative lead of the cap usually has a - or bar on the side for
identification
this goes to the negative L2 side of the line the positive side
of the cap goes to the centrifugal switch it cuts out when the motor
gets up to speed
The diagram on the page above (cap/start induction run) should help you
to see
what I am saying. Line1 and line2 are your power leads L1 is black L2
is white from power cord. I think you can make it from here

Visit me a www.whaatsoever.com