Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony standby led flashes 9 times

Hi. Sony KV27FS320 tv. Push power button, standby led flashes 9 times.
Repeats. Yes, 9 times. Have searched and found no useful reference to this.
DA4 chassis. No obviously bad parts. Don't have print. Lady wants estimate
to decide whether or not to fix. Will order print if I have to, just wanted
to see if anyone has successfully seen this symptom before. No operation
other than mentioned 9 flashes and repeats.

Set built DEC 04, died JUN 06, she took to "authorised Sony Repair", said
they gave her major runaround, so she brought to me. Figured to do some
research before getting to gung ho on it.

Thanks, Danny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi. Thanks for the tip. First thing I gotta do now is replace the M board.
It has grown a new symptom. Blinking is gone, and I have lost the 5V
standby. Have good 12 volts in, but 5V standby is showing short to ground. I
haven't figured out where it is getting shorted to ground yet.

Thanks, Danny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is from repair world hope it helps

Results

TELEVISION sony kv27fs320 won't power on / no high voltage shorted diode
d500 near h.o.t.
TELEVISION SONY KV-27FS320 SHUTDOWN AT POWER UP-B+ ONLY 46 VOLTS D611
DIODE BRIDGE (DID NOT CHECK BAD ON METER)

best regards

List of Bryant furnace error codes? John Home Repair 21 December 24th 05 12:57 PM
SONY Warning on Warranty Greg Electronics Repair 22 December 3rd 05 05:38 PM
Chessman Tom Watson Woodworking 51 February 5th 04 02:57 AM
Sony CDP-CX255 200 CD changer problems Zev Berkovich Electronics Repair 3 July 27th 03 02:08 AM