DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   XR684F - Dead. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/177916-xr684f-dead.html)

[email protected] October 2nd 06 03:18 PM

XR684F - Dead.

I have a Peavey XR684F that is dead. I've replaced a 15V regulator, 2
fuses, 1 op amp on digital reverb board, 1 diode on input board. Now,
what I have is that it appears that the input side is working, hence,
there is signal out of that board and level indicator LED's light up as
signal increases. But my +/- 16V that is derived from the main B+/- is
low but main B+/- is okay. This is not the same +/- voltage from my
two regulators! I've checked/changed the two op amps in the output
stage, removed all load from the circuit (voltages are good at zeners
when I did this). Something seems to be loading these supplies down.
There are 2 more IC's that I can't be sure is causing the problem
(LM3080N). I'm wondering if anyone has seen a problem similar to the
one that I have. Also, the outputs Q's are okay, there is also a low
pop when powered on. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

tp