Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default PTV 300 Flyback Replacement

Hi,

My set died again and I'm trying to find a replacement for the flyback on
the power supply board. The original sticker is 3620030005. The only ones
that I've found that look similar (angled HV input) are 362003-6 and
362003-7. I also have a newer power supply board that uses the 362140-1
flyback. I haven't dug into it yet however how can I determine which
replacement to get for the original flyback? Or, can I simply use one of
the newer style flybacks on the older power supply green PCB?

Thanks for all the help. I know this set is living on borrowed time however
after replacing the coolant and converging the set, the picture was really
good on it.

Kirk S.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:01:13 GMT, "Kirk S." put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,

My set died again and I'm trying to find a replacement for the flyback on
the power supply board. The original sticker is 3620030005. The only ones
that I've found that look similar (angled HV input) are 362003-6 and
362003-7. I also have a newer power supply board that uses the 362140-1
flyback. I haven't dug into it yet however how can I determine which
replacement to get for the original flyback? Or, can I simply use one of
the newer style flybacks on the older power supply green PCB?

Thanks for all the help. I know this set is living on borrowed time however
after replacing the coolant and converging the set, the picture was really
good on it.

Kirk S.

The 362003-6 is subbed by the HR6541:
http://www.hrdiemen.es/products/img/esquemas/HR6541.gif

The 362003-7 is subbed by the HR6542:
http://www.hrdiemen.es/products/img/esquemas/HR6542.gif

The 362140-1 is subbed by the HR6493:
http://www.hrdiemen.es/products/img/esquemas/HR6493.gif

I don't see a sub for the "3620030005", though.

Note that the GIF files show the voltages on each of the windings when
connected to HR Diemen's FBT tester.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you for the links. I found the site and printed off a few of the
schema files. I do not have one of their FBT testers nor a good FBT to
test. I'll look closer at the schematics to see if there are any reference
voltages.

Excuse my ignorance however what to each of the numbers on the schema mean?

Kirk S.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:08:42 +0000, Kirk S. Has Frothed:

[...]

Order code.

COOSN-266-06-25794

FBT Pin number... DOH! I could actually look at the picture instead of not
being able to read the language...

Kirk S.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:59:17 +0000, Kirk S. Has Frothed:

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
[...]

LOL

COOSN-266-06-25794

I've been informed that the 6542 *will* sub for the 362003-5 and the 6493 is
a direct sub for the 362140-1. Based on the board layout and specs, I
believe this is correct. Several of the power supply duds I have show the
layout for both transformers. It appears that pins one and three are
swapped on these two in addition to the obvious difference on the HV output.

Found several of the first on eBay for $3.00 each. It's worth a try!

Thanks for the info!

Kirk S.

even with a desoldering station, getting the pins loose it tough. Those
old boards have vias that were manually inserted into the boards and are a
tight fit for the pins. Any suggestions? The old transformers (white
blocks) are easy because the wires are exposed, the newer ones aren't the
same.