DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Glue the coil to the inverter circuit board? Why?Need glue after the reapir??? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/176999-glue-coil-inverter-circuit-board-why-need-glue-after-reapir.html)

[email protected] September 24th 06 06:14 AM

Glue the coil to the inverter circuit board? Why?Need glue after the reapir???

I just fixed a dead LCD inverter board that is caused by the glue
melting the solder(cold-solder joint).

Question: Is it necessary to put the blue back? Will the coil become
loose without the glue?

David Nebenzahl September 24th 06 06:34 AM

Glue the coil to the inverter circuit board? Why?Need glue afterthe reapir???

spake thus:

I just fixed a dead LCD inverter board that is caused by the glue
melting the solder(cold-solder joint).

Question: Is it necessary to put the blue back? Will the coil become
loose without the glue?

That's usually done to keep coils and stuff from "singing" or otherwise
emitting annoying sounds. Probably a good idea to reglue it.

So how does glue melt solder?

D "puzzled" N

--
Napoleon won the battle of Waterloo. The German Wehrmacht won World War
II. The United States won in Vietnam, and the Soviets in Afghanistan.

- Uri Avnery, Israeli peace activist
(
http://counterpunch.org/avnery09022006.html)

jakdedert September 24th 06 06:56 AM

wrote:
I just fixed a dead LCD inverter board that is caused by the glue
melting the solder(cold-solder joint).

Question: Is it necessary to put the blue back? Will the coil become
loose without the glue?

The short answer would be 'yes'.

The longer answer would have to do with how in the world would the glue
have caused the solder to melt. I don't see how this is possible, so I
don't believe it could hurt to glue it back. The joint was probably bad
to begin with. The glue was the only thing holding it in contact until
it failed.

jak

[email protected] September 24th 06 03:26 PM

wrote:

I just fixed a dead LCD inverter board that is caused by the glue
melting the solder(cold-solder joint).

Question: Is it necessary to put the blue back? Will the coil become
loose without the glue?

if you dont then every bump and jolt will put force on the soldered
joints, which are weak, and it wont be long term reliable.

NT