DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   mini-melf diode color rings? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/176565-mini-melf-diode-color-rings.html)

[email protected] September 20th 06 02:01 PM

mini-melf diode color rings?

Hello folks,

I need to know what kind of diode is an smd, mini-melf case, glass
diode with black white and green
color rings on it. I've tried to find a color code on the web but seems
like these diodes aren't so common.
Thanks in advance.

Francesco IS0FKQ

Eeyore September 21st 06 12:03 AM

mini-melf diode color rings?

wrote:

Hello folks,

I need to know what kind of diode is an smd, mini-melf case, glass
diode with black white and green
color rings on it. I've tried to find a color code on the web but seems
like these diodes aren't so common.

Truth is, if you totally don't know what it might be, you'll probably never find
out.

Graham

[email protected] September 21st 06 10:20 AM

mini-melf diode color rings?

Eeyore ha scritto:

wrote:

Hello folks,

I need to know what kind of diode is an smd, mini-melf case, glass
diode with black white and green
color rings on it. I've tried to find a color code on the web but seems
like these diodes aren't so common.

Truth is, if you totally don't know what it might be, you'll probably never find
out.

I think it's a zener, I'm pretty sure as I measured other diodes marked
as ZPDnn on
the same board and all indeed are zeners.

Regards
Francesco IS0FKQ

Franc Zabkar September 21st 06 10:21 PM

mini-melf diode color rings?

On 21 Sep 2006 02:20:19 -0700, put finger
to keyboard and composed:

Eeyore ha scritto:

wrote:

Hello folks,

I need to know what kind of diode is an smd, mini-melf case, glass
diode with black white and green
color rings on it. I've tried to find a color code on the web but seems
like these diodes aren't so common.

Truth is, if you totally don't know what it might be, you'll probably never find
out.

I think it's a zener, I'm pretty sure as I measured other diodes marked
as ZPDnn on
the same board and all indeed are zeners.

Regards
Francesco IS0FKQ

If you can determine the zener voltages of the other diodes, then you
may be able to make some sense of the colour code.

- Franc Zabkar

[email protected] September 22nd 06 08:35 AM

mini-melf diode color rings?

Franc Zabkar ha scritto:

On 21 Sep 2006 02:20:19 -0700, put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I think it's a zener, I'm pretty sure as I measured other diodes marked
as ZPDnn on
the same board and all indeed are zeners.

Regards
Francesco IS0FKQ

If you can determine the zener voltages of the other diodes, then you
may be able to make some sense of the colour code.

That's what I thought, unfortunately seems like there's no relation
between colors
and zener voltage. Probably the code just means it's a zener diode.

Regards

Francesco IS0FKQ