DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   8590A Spectrum Analyzer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/176536-8590a-spectrum-analyzer.html)

Kim Würtz September 20th 06 07:48 AM

8590A Spectrum Analyzer

Hi folks

I have got an old 8590A Spectrum Analyzer from my company,
unfurtunately with a defect. The amplitude levels shown on the screen
is app. 10 dB below the actual applied input level, so the attenuator
or input circuit apparently has a defect.

Does any one have a service manual, diagrams etc. of this model ?

Thanks in advance

Kim Würtz

Michael A. Terrell September 20th 06 08:13 AM

8590A Spectrum Analyzer

"Kim Würtz" wrote:

Hi folks

I have got an old 8590A Spectrum Analyzer from my company,
unfurtunately with a defect. The amplitude levels shown on the screen
is app. 10 dB below the actual applied input level, so the attenuator
or input circuit apparently has a defect.

Does any one have a service manual, diagrams etc. of this model ?

Thanks in advance

Kim Würtz

It is probably a damaged mixer module. We had several fail in our
8590As over several years of heavy use. There is a maximum power level
marked by the input connector, and if you exceed it, you can damage, or
completely destroy the mixer.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Kim Würtz September 20th 06 08:41 AM

8590A Spectrum Analyzer

Hi Michael

Thanks for your quick response. Do you have any
further information on the mixer (schematics and/or type),
so I am able to replace it myself.

Best regards
Kim Würtz

Michael A. Terrell September 20th 06 06:21 PM

8590A Spectrum Analyzer

"Kim Würtz" wrote:

Hi Michael

Thanks for your quick response. Do you have any
further information on the mixer (schematics and/or type),
so I am able to replace it myself.

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/facet.jspx?to=80039.k.1&cc=US&lc=eng&sm=g&k=8590A

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.