Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HD TV popping noise problem

Hi:

I was wondering if anyone had this problm and how to solve it. My HD TV
(Phillips) occasionally will have a static popping or snapping sound, only
when it is on HD channels. I talke to a TV repair guy and he said it was
the cable company's problem. The cable company said it was the TV. This is
a case of finger pointing, and I just wanted to find out what the real
problem was. Any ideas?

Sometimes turning off the TV for several minutes helps, but not always.
Also, there is more of a tendancy for this to occur when a lot of channel
surfing is done.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bob Zimmerman

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Hoot up an OTA signal to the HD Tuner, if you set has one, or use another HD
source, such as a high end DVD player, other than the cable. If the set
still pops then you know who to set the blame on.
"Bob Z" wrote in message
Hi:

I was wondering if anyone had this problm and how to solve it. My HD TV
(Phillips) occasionally will have a static popping or snapping sound, only
when it is on HD channels. I talke to a TV repair guy and he said it was
the cable company's problem. The cable company said it was the TV. This
is a case of finger pointing, and I just wanted to find out what the real
problem was. Any ideas?

Sometimes turning off the TV for several minutes helps, but not always.
Also, there is more of a tendancy for this to occur when a lot of channel
surfing is done.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bob Zimmerman

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Bob Z" wrote in message

Hi:

I was wondering if anyone had this problm and how to solve it. My HD TV
(Phillips) occasionally will have a static popping or snapping sound, only
when it is on HD channels. I talke to a TV repair guy and he said it was
the cable company's problem. The cable company said it was the TV. This
is a case of finger pointing, and I just wanted to find out what the real
problem was. Any ideas?

Sometimes turning off the TV for several minutes helps, but not always.
Also, there is more of a tendancy for this to occur when a lot of channel
surfing is done.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bob Zimmerman

Sounds like an HV arch. More tha likely when your in the HD mode you go
to full screen Aspect. which turns up the hv slightly cause an arch from
one of the ANODE cup of one of the CRT to ground. Solving is recoating
the anode cups with sicon greese