Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Lexmark X-83 printer

Unit will nor recognize the color cart. Started with color cart low on ink
message. Got a cart from a friend and put in, The unit acts like I never
changed the cart.( When I pull the black cart and put back, it ask if a new
one was installed) Does not do it when the color cart is pulled and put
back.
I tried setting to factory defaults, same thing, cleaned the contact
points, same indication.
Any help out there?
Thanks Charlie