Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sony trinitron 32"

i found an earlier question very similar to my own. I have a 32" sony
trinitron TV and the picture cuts in and out. it started about 6 mons
ago and at first it was just when the tv was warming up, the problem
has gotten progressively worse. the screen stays black until the tv has
"warmed" up for about 5 minutes. then the picture cuts on and off
without ever losing sound. it does it a little less frequently as the
tv is completely "warmed" up. The problem has gotten very bad now. it
is not channel searching. it stays on the correct channel (channel i
chose) there is never any change in the picture when it is showing (no
color or clarity changes) it just cycles picture/no picture, no matter
how long tv is on or how long its been left turned off. i am
electronically illiterate so i cant "fix" the problem myself, i would
just like to know what it may be, wether it's going to be mondo
expensive to have repaired, or should i just chuck it and get a new
one. all replies greatly appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

If your tv was made in the 90's, then most likely your picture tube is
gone. These Sony tubes have a special circuit which will cut off video
just in the manner you're describing when the tube becomes weak. Of
course, I can explain the technical side of it, but all you really have
to know, if you're not electronically inclined, is that your TV has
served its purpose on this earth. Start looking for another one. Sorry
for the bad news.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

This Tv has what is called and IK curcuit. what that does is wait till
all 3 guns are warmed up equally, so you don't get bad color or grey
scale when the unit is turned on. Sony and many others thought that was
a good idea. NOT ! anyway , you might try to turn up the G2 adjustment
on you flyback it is the bottom adjustment. DO NOT turn it up much just
a little tit...up wait till the set comes on and crank it just a
little.. it has worked in out shop. And as others have posted your tube
it on its way out think about buying a new set
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

There is a fix for this! I have done about six of these units, & they
have worked
out quite good! You have a bad picture tube, but you need to rejuvinate
it. If your'e
technically inclined, or you have a buddy who is, I can E-Mail you how
to do it
if you don't have a picture tube rejuvinator. I have a sure fire way to
clean it up.
You'll be quite pleased, even if the tube is very bad. I'll look for my
notes, E-Mail
me. Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dani wrote:
There is a fix for this! I have done about six of these units, & they
have worked
out quite good! You have a bad picture tube, but you need to rejuvinate
it. If your'e
technically inclined, or you have a buddy who is, I can E-Mail you how
to do it
if you don't have a picture tube rejuvinator. I have a sure fire way to
clean it up.
You'll be quite pleased, even if the tube is very bad. I'll look for my
notes, E-Mail
me. Dani.

Please listen to the experts he whatever you do to your tube will
save it only temporarily and the picture won't be as good. I have tried
the rejuvenation method thousands of times only to have customers come
back and complain about a bad picture. Solid advice: if you watch tv a
lot and want to enjoy a nice picture, get a new set.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"moonlite" wrote in message
ups.com...

Please listen to the experts he whatever you do to your tube will
save it only temporarily and the picture won't be as good. I have tried
the rejuvenation method thousands of times only to have customers come
back and complain about a bad picture. Solid advice: if you watch tv a
lot and want to enjoy a nice picture, get a new set.

I used to flash them with a piece of hook-up wire connected to the ultor and
flicked across a grid. Wouldn't try it now.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"moonlite" wrote in message
ups.com...

Please listen to the experts he whatever you do to your tube will
save it only temporarily and the picture won't be as good. I have tried
the rejuvenation method thousands of times only to have customers come
back and complain about a bad picture. Solid advice: if you watch tv a
lot and want to enjoy a nice picture, get a new set.

I used to flash them with a piece of hook-up wire connected to the ultor and
flicked across a grid. Wouldn't try it now.

TV sets are so inexpensive these days that it doesn't pay to do
anything with or to the CRT when it gets weak or outright fails. I
agree with every poster here. Don't bother with CRT rejuvenation--it is
a temporary fix at best, as others have said. Get rid of your old set
and get a new one. If you're thinking of upgrading to LCD or plasma,
this is the time to do it. Flat panel sets are coming down in price all
the time, so you are bound to find one within your budget. If you still
want a CRT set, those are almost dirt-cheap these days. RCA's line of
SDTVs (standard definition TVs) is also dropping in price every time
one turns around, or so it seems, so if you don't feel you are ready
for or don't have the room for a large flat-panel TV, an SDTV could be
a workable solution as well.

Jeff Strieble, WB8NHV (email address not shown to deter spammers)
Fairport Harbor, Ohio USA