Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 257805 subs

Has anyone had much experience using the Asti or other generic brands
of replacements for this NLA part? My distributor tells me they no
longer carry the Asti due to mechanical and electrical problems. He now
carries the "Russel" brand for 37.00 which seems very high. The Asti
and other generics seem to be in the 20.00 range most other places. I
just don't want to get this set back. Thanks, Lenny stein, Barlen
Electronics.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Use the HR8934 replacement. Period. Much better quality and more
consistent product than either the original or the ASTI, IME. Call
Electronica in Denver. Their prices are a little high but they likely have
it in stock.

Leonard

oups.com...