DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Understanding & Installing Your Own Solar Electric System (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/175916-re-understanding-installing-your-own-solar-electric-system.html)

Jenalee K. September 14th 06 04:41 PM

Understanding & Installing Your Own Solar Electric System

a écrit :

Here is an e-book about Solar Electric Power,
which explains how to design & install a complete system.
For more information click here

http://werkinstif.hatcreek.hop.clickbank.net

Phew, didn't forget to put "Electric" in the subject line.

Thanks,
Jenalee K.

Luhan September 14th 06 07:14 PM

Jenalee K. wrote:
a écrit :

Here is an e-book about Solar Electric Power,
which explains how to design & install a complete system.
For more information click here

http://werkinstif.hatcreek.hop.clickbank.net

Phew, didn't forget to put "Electric" in the subject line.

Yes, and next time you install a Solar System, make sure Pluto is
bigger.

Luhan

Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie September 15th 06 12:16 AM

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:14:00 -0700, Luhan wrote:
Jenalee K. wrote:
a écrit :

Here is an e-book about Solar Electric Power,
which explains how to design & install a complete system.
For more information click here

http://werkinstif.hatcreek.hop.clickbank.net

Phew, didn't forget to put "Electric" in the subject line.

Yes, and next time you install a Solar System, make sure Pluto is
bigger.

And really, it should have a much better-behaved orbit. Ceres
would probably be next, if it wasn't one of a billion asteriods
in the belt. But its orbit is a lot less eccentric and a lot
less inclined than Pluto/Charon's.

I say, let's quit making war machines, and make torchships, and
go explore the planets!

And, if we could really come up with a Bussard ramjet, and
accellerate at 1G all the way to the nearest star - well,
accellerate half-way, then decelerate, I read once that it'd
be a surprisingly short number of years' ship time, because
of that Einsteinian time dilation stuff.

Cheers!
Rich

[email protected] September 15th 06 01:50 AM

Understanding & Installing Your Own Solar Electric System

And, if we could really come up with a Bussard ramjet, and
accellerate at 1G all the way to the nearest star - well,
accellerate half-way, then decelerate, I read once that it'd
be a surprisingly short number of years' ship time, because
of that Einsteinian time dilation stuff.

Cheers!
Rich

Can you imagine bumping into a small rock at that speed.

Michael A. Terrell September 15th 06 02:07 AM

wrote:

And, if we could really come up with a Bussard ramjet, and
accellerate at 1G all the way to the nearest star - well,
accellerate half-way, then decelerate, I read once that it'd
be a surprisingly short number of years' ship time, because
of that Einsteinian time dilation stuff.

Cheers!
Rich

Can you imagine bumping into a small rock at that speed.

Or rich? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Sjouke Burry September 15th 06 02:12 AM

wrote:
And, if we could really come up with a Bussard ramjet, and
accellerate at 1G all the way to the nearest star - well,
accellerate half-way, then decelerate, I read once that it'd
be a surprisingly short number of years' ship time, because
of that Einsteinian time dilation stuff.

Cheers!
Rich

Can you imagine bumping into a small rock at that speed.

Dont need a rock, a grain of sand will do
at those speeds.

Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie September 16th 06 02:08 AM

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 03:12:59 +0200, Sjouke Burry wrote:
wrote:
And, if we could really come up with a Bussard ramjet, and
accellerate at 1G all the way to the nearest star - well,
accellerate half-way, then decelerate, I read once that it'd
be a surprisingly short number of years' ship time, because
of that Einsteinian time dilation stuff.

Can you imagine bumping into a small rock at that speed.

Dont need a rock, a grain of sand will do
at those speeds.

Hell, at those speeds, hydrogen atoms become deadly radiation. ;-)

So, we'll need some kind of shielding in the nose. The way I'd
always envisioned it was that the magnetic field for the Bussard
scoop would take care of all that schtuff. ;-)

Thanks!
Rich

Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie September 16th 06 02:09 AM

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 01:07:53 +0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

wrote:

And, if we could really come up with a Bussard ramjet, and
accellerate at 1G all the way to the nearest star - well,
accellerate half-way, then decelerate, I read once that it'd
be a surprisingly short number of years' ship time, because
of that Einsteinian time dilation stuff.

Cheers!
Rich

Can you imagine bumping into a small rock at that speed.

Or rich? ;-)

Gee, Michael, you have such an endearing quality.

NOT!

Feh. You keep whining about how old you are, do you have any
plans to start acting it?

Thanks,
Rich

Michael A. Terrell September 16th 06 02:25 AM

wrote:

And, if we could really come up with a Bussard ramjet, and
accellerate at 1G all the way to the nearest star - well,
accellerate half-way, then decelerate, I read once that it'd
be a surprisingly short number of years' ship time, because
of that Einsteinian time dilation stuff.

Cheers!
Rich

Can you imagine bumping into a small rock at that speed.

Or rich? ;-)

Gee, Michael, you have such an endearing quality.

NOT!

Feh. You keep whining about how old you are, do you have any
plans to start acting it?

Thanks,
Rich

After you grow up which would be what? Never?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie September 16th 06 07:59 PM

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:25:41 +0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie" wrote:

Feh. You keep whining about how old you are, do you have any
plans to start acting it?

After you grow up which would be what? Never?

So, you're basing your lifestyle on me? I'm flattered! ;-P

There used to be codependency treatment available - maybe there
are still therapists around who could treat you for this disorder,
as well as what seems to be a touch of OCD.

The VA has a very good psychiatric department, I'm told. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich

Michael A. Terrell September 16th 06 08:31 PM

Understanding & Installing Your Own Solar Electric System

"Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie" wrote:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:25:41 +0000, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie" wrote:

Feh. You keep whining about how old you are, do you have any
plans to start acting it?

After you grow up which would be what? Never?

So, you're basing your lifestyle on me? I'm flattered! ;-P

There used to be codependency treatment available - maybe there
are still therapists around who could treat you for this disorder,
as well as what seems to be a touch of OCD.

The VA has a very good psychiatric department, I'm told. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich

Yawn. Go bore someone else, till you grow up.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida