DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LCD transistor equivalent (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/175878-lcd-transistor-equivalent.html)

Mouse September 14th 06 09:27 AM

LCD transistor equivalent

Hi Group, I'm repairing a 17" LCD and can't seem to obtain a 2SC5707 in
Australia. Does anyone know of an equivalent? Ta Mouse

Ross Herbert September 19th 06 12:17 PM

LCD transistor equivalent

On 14 Sep 2006 01:27:42 -0700, "Mouse"
wrote:

Hi Group, I'm repairing a 17" LCD and can't seem to obtain a 2SC5707 in
Australia. Does anyone know of an equivalent? Ta Mouse

Make and model of LCD?

I have noticed a number of requests for 2SC5707's for 17" LCD's so
they may be prone to failure. It might be a dud PSU design which is
causing a high 5707 failure rate.

Ross Herbert September 19th 06 12:48 PM

LCD transistor equivalent

wrote:

Hi Group, I'm repairing a 17" LCD and can't seem to obtain a 2SC5707 in
Australia. Does anyone know of an equivalent? Ta Mouse

Make and model of LCD?

I have noticed a number of requests for 2SC5707's for 17" LCD's so
they may be prone to failure. It might be a dud PSU design which is
causing a high 5707 failure rate.

Would it be a Dell/Benq 172fpb?

Mouse September 20th 06 12:46 AM

LCD transistor equivalent

Thank you everyone for your input. Yes, it's a BenQ but I don't have
the model number on me at the moment. It looks as if this is just a bad
design issue which will need some head scratching or the bin. Ta Mouse.