DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   calibration of FLIR cams (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/175845-calibration-flir-cams.html)

les September 14th 06 04:34 AM

calibration of FLIR cams

Hello....
I've been reading about FLIR's that go out of calibration, and apparently
it's a production to get them recal'ed.
Does anyone have an idea what is involved, and if this is beyond the realm
of an electronics experimenter with a 'scope and DMM ?
Secondly, what needs recalibration? Is it the A/D D/A stages?

TNX.
Les KA9GLW

n cook September 14th 06 10:29 AM

calibration of FLIR cams

les wrote in message
Hello....
I've been reading about FLIR's that go out of calibration, and apparently
it's a production to get them recal'ed.
Does anyone have an idea what is involved, and if this is beyond the realm
of an electronics experimenter with a 'scope and DMM ?
Secondly, what needs recalibration? Is it the A/D D/A stages?

TNX.
Les KA9GLW

Which FLIR applications require absolute measurements ?
The only ones I've seen require only qualitive / relative differences to be
highlighted.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

AZ Nomad September 14th 06 09:03 PM

calibration of FLIR cams

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:34:14 -0500, les wrote:

Hello....
I've been reading about FLIR's that go out of calibration, and apparently
it's a production to get them recal'ed.
Does anyone have an idea what is involved, and if this is beyond the realm
of an electronics experimenter with a 'scope and DMM ?
Secondly, what needs recalibration? Is it the A/D D/A stages?

A good start would be to RTFM. Or what that a hypothetical question?