Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JT JT is offline

Default pioneer KEH-M6500 speaker wire colors?

I have a Pioneer KEH-M6500 supertuner III cassette. The speaker wires
out of the harness a
Green
Green/blk
Green/red
Grey
Grey/blk
Grey/red

What is the correct wiring? Do the speakers share a common negative
lead?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"JT" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Pioneer KEH-M6500 supertuner III cassette. The speaker wires
out of the harness a
Green
Green/blk
Green/red
Grey
Grey/blk
Grey/red

What is the correct wiring? Do the speakers share a common negative
lead?

Boy is that an old one :-) If memory serves,

Green = LF
Green/black = Left Common
Green/red = LR
Grey = RF
Grey/Black = R Common
Grey/red = RR

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JT JT is offline

ampdoc wrote:
"JT" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Pioneer KEH-M6500 supertuner III cassette. The speaker wires
out of the harness a
Green
Green/blk
Green/red
Grey
Grey/blk
Grey/red

What is the correct wiring? Do the speakers share a common negative
lead?

Boy is that an old one :-) If memory serves,

Green = LF
Green/black = Left Common
Green/red = LR
Grey = RF
Grey/Black = R Common
Grey/red = RR

Thanks for the info, it is an older unit. I had a feeling black was a
common speaker negative but the red stripe threw me off. Just for a
longshot, this radio has an intermittent backlight on the display but
the rest of the face lights work. Any pointers? I already cleaned the
faceplate contacts but it still blinks off sometimes - I was thinking
maybe the flat ribbon cable inside that feeds the faceplate connector
strip.