DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony TV- Trouble removing high voltage cable (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/175252-sony-tv-trouble-removing-high-voltage-cable.html)

[email protected] September 8th 06 01:08 AM

Sony TV- Trouble removing high voltage cable

I need help! I just got my d board in for my huge Sony rear projection
TV. All was going smoothly until I had to remove the red high voltage
cables that are coming from the D board. The damn thing is stuck! I
followed the directions in the manual, turned the cable wire 90 degrees
and pulled...not a thing. How do I remove it?

Plus, my brother was here and he thought since I am removing it he
would just cut the wire to make it easier to remove. That didn't work
either. Help me, please!!!

Andy Cuffe September 8th 06 03:38 AM

On 7 Sep 2006 17:08:27 -0700, wrote:

for my huge Sony rear projection
TV. All was going smoothly until I had to remove the red high voltage
cables that are coming from the D board. The damn thing is stuck! I
followed the directions in the manual, turned the cable wire 90 degrees
and pulled...not a thing. How do I remove it?

Plus, my brother was here and he thought since I am removing it he
would just cut the wire to make it easier to remove. That didn't work
either. Help me, please!!!

You have to firmly push the wire in and turn it to release it.
Andy Cuffe

[email protected] September 8th 06 03:50 AM

Sony TV- Trouble removing high voltage cable

Thanks, we got it figured out. Would have been nice if the manual said
the thing had a spring mechanism inside. I appreciate your help!

mknight52 September 18th 06 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
I need help! I just got my d board in for my huge Sony rear projection
TV. All was going smoothly until I had to remove the red high voltage
cables that are coming from the D board. The damn thing is stuck! I
followed the directions in the manual, turned the cable wire 90 degrees
and pulled...not a thing. How do I remove it?

Plus, my brother was here and he thought since I am removing it he
would just cut the wire to make it easier to remove. That didn't work
either. Help me, please!!!

I am looking at replacing d board in my sony kp 51ws500, where did you get yours, how much. and were you successful in your repair effort?
Thanks Mike in Texas