DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Volume Fault. HitachiTV C1405T-311. Schematic or help please. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/174517-volume-fault-hitachitv-c1405t-311-schematic-help-please.html)

ron September 1st 06 12:31 PM

Volume Fault. HitachiTV C1405T-311. Schematic or help please.

Model no: C1405T-311 Colour TV

Can anyone suggest the cause of the following problem or email me a
schematic for this set please:

The volume was turned down to zero using the remote. When the increase

volume button is pressed on the remote or the button on the set, the
indicator appears on the screen but the volume remains at zero.
Otherwise the set works perfectly.

I have re-soldered most of the joints on the PCB without any
improvement.

Is there anywhere that I can download servicing information on this
set?
Many thanks,

Ron

b September 4th 06 01:33 PM

Volume Fault. HitachiTV C1405T-311. Schematic or help please.

ron ha escrito:

Model no: C1405T-311 Colour TV

Can anyone suggest the cause of the following problem or email me a
schematic for this set please:

The volume was turned down to zero using the remote. When the increase

volume button is pressed on the remote or the button on the set, the
indicator appears on the screen but the volume remains at zero.
Otherwise the set works perfectly.

I have re-soldered most of the joints on the PCB without any
improvement.

Is there anywhere that I can download servicing information on this
set?
Many thanks,

Ron

Yesterday I worked on an orion portable, less than 2 years old, with
similar symptom to yours. Volume bar ok, no sound. after a bit of
probing, it turned out the damn speaker voice coil had a resistance of
about 2k! so maybe worth a try looking there in your case.....
or: www.eserviceinfo.com may have schematics.
what chassis is it? many lower end hitachi used beko or vestel i
think....

regards, B.