Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Denon AVR-1804 zone2 preout question.

An a/v installer brought this Denon AVR-1804 receiver in to me with the
following complaint. When using the zone2 line out connections, the
volume all of sudden became a fixed line output instead of a variable
line out. You can see the numeric level display change up and down when
the zone2 volume is changed. The zone2 speaker output works perfectly
with no level problem at all. I performed a uP reset but the problem
remains. Anyone have a clue on this?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I am not familiar with that model specifically but this is likely normal.
These zone 2 outputs are usually used with an amp driving speakers in
multiple rooms that have volume controls. The gain stays up on the amp and
the volume control in each room has the range to get ouput desired without
going back to the main system or affecting the volume in other rooms. The
unit may allow selection of fixed or variable output for the pre out, but
will likely have only variable on the speaker level ouput.

Not much of an installer if he could not figure that out.

Leonard

wrote in message
oups.com...
An a/v installer brought this Denon AVR-1804 receiver in to me with the
following complaint. When using the zone2 line out connections, the
volume all of sudden became a fixed line output instead of a variable
line out. You can see the numeric level display change up and down when
the zone2 volume is changed. The zone2 speaker output works perfectly
with no level problem at all. I performed a uP reset but the problem
remains. Anyone have a clue on this?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

It has removed 3009 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I was sort of thinking the same thing too but the way he explained it was
that it was working properly for a long time and then it suddenly changed.

I contacted Denon technical service which is now grouped together with
Marantz. Their parts and tech support is way overtaxed. Hold times on the
phone can be up to two hours. When you finally do get through to somebody,
it's just an operator that takes messages.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
I am not familiar with that model specifically but this is likely normal.
These zone 2 outputs are usually used with an amp driving speakers in
multiple rooms that have volume controls. The gain stays up on the amp

and
the volume control in each room has the range to get ouput desired without
going back to the main system or affecting the volume in other rooms. The
unit may allow selection of fixed or variable output for the pre out, but
will likely have only variable on the speaker level ouput.

Not much of an installer if he could not figure that out.

Leonard

oups.com...

------

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Denon CD-player question Stefan Toftevall Electronics Repair 2 November 10th 04 11:09 AM