DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Coin Cell Batteries, is there any difference shapes? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/173694-coin-cell-batteries-there-any-difference-shapes.html)

[email protected] August 25th 06 12:47 AM

Coin Cell Batteries, is there any difference shapes?

We are building a wildlife radio tag for seals. We have the outside
case constructed, but the space for the battery is in a square shape.
We would like to use a Silver oxide coin cell battery, but instead of
it being circular, are coin cells (button cells) available in the shape
of a square or rectangle?

Thanks.

[email protected] August 25th 06 01:17 AM

wrote:

We are building a wildlife radio tag for seals. We have the outside
case constructed, but the space for the battery is in a square shape.
We would like to use a Silver oxide coin cell battery, but instead of
it being circular, are coin cells (button cells) available in the shape
of a square or rectangle?

Thanks.

not really. round cells fit in square holes though.

NT

Sjouke Burry August 25th 06 01:32 AM

wrote:
We are building a wildlife radio tag for seals. We have the outside
case constructed, but the space for the battery is in a square shape.
We would like to use a Silver oxide coin cell battery, but instead of
it being circular, are coin cells (button cells) available in the shape
of a square or rectangle?

Thanks.

can you not fill the whole length of the tag fastener
with small button cells? Embedded in the plastic.