DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Konka TV setup (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/173550-konka-tv-setup.html)

Homer J Simpson August 23rd 06 08:15 PM

Konka TV setup

Is there a code to get into the Konka TV setup - the defaults (reset) are
way off viewable?

Jumpster Jiver August 25th 06 10:30 PM

Konka TV setup

Homer J Simpson wrote:
Is there a code to get into the Konka TV setup - the defaults (reset) are
way off viewable?

Never heard of that brand but...
If it is a new TV return it to the store because it is defective.
If you've had the TV for a while and things have changed in the picture
quality then there is a component fault and adjustments will not help,
and will make it much more difficult to get it back to normal after it
is properly repaired.

Homer J Simpson August 26th 06 01:02 AM

Konka TV setup

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message

Homer J Simpson wrote:
Is there a code to get into the Konka TV setup - the defaults (reset) are
way off viewable?

Never heard of that brand but...
If it is a new TV return it to the store because it is defective.
If you've had the TV for a while and things have changed in the picture
quality then there is a component fault and adjustments will not help, and
will make it much more difficult to get it back to normal after it is
properly repaired.

No, it was a freebie from FreeCycle. And I am a tech, though not for many
years. I suspect someone may have altered the set-up since pushing the
Picture Reset button on the remote jams the contrast up to max.