DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DVD nosound. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/172814-dvd-nosound.html)

Dani August 17th 06 03:41 PM

DVD nosound.

Phillips DVD player model # DVP3500/37, works fine, but has
no sound, Phillips just replaces these under warranty. Is there
an easy fix for them? Thanks, Dani.

James Sweet August 17th 06 06:12 PM

DVD nosound.

Dani wrote:
Phillips DVD player model # DVP3500/37, works fine, but has
no sound, Phillips just replaces these under warranty. Is there
an easy fix for them? Thanks, Dani.

Seems like I fixed a Toshiba a few years back with that problem, had a
couple bad electrolytic caps in it, could be the same problem with that one.

Before you rip into it though check in the menu and see if the sound is
set to digital, my old Apex would shut off the analog outputs in that case.