DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   KDS XF-7e monitor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/171818-kds-xf-7e-monitor.html)

Bob August 8th 06 01:58 AM

KDS XF-7e monitor

I have a monitor with a burned resistor, R509. Anyone have a schematic
of this model that can tell me the value of the resistor? Anyone know
a web site that has a schematic for this model?
Thanks.
Bob

Bob August 10th 06 01:49 AM

KDS XF-7e monitor

Bob wrote:
I have a monitor with a burned resistor, R509. Anyone have a schematic
of this model that can tell me the value of the resistor? Anyone know
a web site that has a schematic for this model?
Thanks.
Bob

Where does one get schematics for monitors nowadays? Is there anything
similar to the old Sams Photofacts?

John Keiser August 10th 06 02:00 AM

KDS XF-7e monitor

I've gotten lucky here befo

http://eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2

[I didn't see your model listed.]

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

OldElecTech August 12th 06 03:25 AM

KDS XF-7e monitor

Bob wrote:
Bob wrote:
I have a monitor with a burned resistor, R509. Anyone have a schematic
of this model that can tell me the value of the resistor? Anyone know
a web site that has a schematic for this model?
Thanks.
Bob

Where does one get schematics for monitors nowadays? Is there anything
similar to the old Sams Photofacts?

Bob, That resistor is 22 ohms at 1 watt. It is in series with C503
(0.047/400) and they are in parallel with the transformer nearby. I
think it is used as a snubber circuit. Hope this helps.
Pete

Bob August 12th 06 04:33 AM

KDS XF-7e monitor

OldElecTech wrote:
Bob wrote:
Bob wrote:
I have a monitor with a burned resistor, R509. Anyone have a schematic
of this model that can tell me the value of the resistor? Anyone know
a web site that has a schematic for this model?
Thanks.
Bob

Where does one get schematics for monitors nowadays? Is there anything
similar to the old Sams Photofacts?

Bob, That resistor is 22 ohms at 1 watt. It is in series with C503
(0.047/400) and they are in parallel with the transformer nearby. I
think it is used as a snubber circuit. Hope this helps.
Pete

Thats it! Thanks a bunch - thought I'd have to trash it because of
..25c resistor. You da man!

Bob

Bob August 16th 06 01:56 AM

KDS XF-7e monitor

OldElecTech wrote:
Bob wrote:
Bob wrote:
I have a monitor with a burned resistor, R509. Anyone have a schematic
of this model that can tell me the value of the resistor? Anyone know
a web site that has a schematic for this model?
Thanks.
Bob

Where does one get schematics for monitors nowadays? Is there anything
similar to the old Sams Photofacts?

Bob, That resistor is 22 ohms at 1 watt. It is in series with C503
(0.047/400) and they are in parallel with the transformer nearby. I
think it is used as a snubber circuit. Hope this helps.
Pete

Pete,
I noticed you had a post about this same circuit in another monitor.
Appears that the resistor shorted to the cap through the coatings. I
replaced both, paralleling two 47ohm 1w resistors, giving me a 2w
combo. So far it's working & not heating up. Thanks for the help.
Bob