DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mitsubishi TV only stays on for about 5 seconds and turns off (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/171745-mitsubishi-tv-only-stays-about-5-seconds-turns-off.html)

[email protected] August 7th 06 12:30 PM

Mitsubishi TV only stays on for about 5 seconds and turns off

I had this same issue a year and a half ago, the tv is only 3 years
old. It is a 55 widescreen. When they came out to repair, all they did
is reset something and run through a manyal convergence of the entire
screen. Any ideas on what might be causing this, and how to reset the
set again? I am at a loss here, and at this point am ready to fix and
sell the darn thing.

Any assistance would be great, my wife stays at home and babysits kids
to having a tv is a necessity.

Thanks again in advance.

smhennes

Tech Data August 7th 06 12:59 PM

wrote:
I had this same issue a year and a half ago, the tv is only 3 years
old. It is a 55 widescreen. When they came out to repair, all they did
is reset something and run through a manyal convergence of the entire
screen. Any ideas on what might be causing this, and how to reset the
set again? I am at a loss here, and at this point am ready to fix and
sell the darn thing.

Any assistance would be great, my wife stays at home and babysits kids
to having a tv is a necessity.

Thanks again in advance.

smhennes

Don't know of anything that can be 'reset' to make it fire. When the
set shutsdown, on the front buttons press menu and input at the same
time. The led should start to blink. Will probably be two blinks,
pause, then count the blinks after the pause. Having this knowledge
won't help you fix it but, could give the shop you talk to an idea what
circuits have failed.

www.techdata-kicksass.net