DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Magneto Coil Rewinding (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/171614-magneto-coil-rewinding.html)

n cook August 6th 06 04:54 PM

Magneto Coil Rewinding

I've not rewound one for ten years or so but will probably have to in a
couple of weeks.
Previously I've unwound a large old HV cap , stripping off the foil from the
paper and using that paper for inter-winding wrap before winding on the next
run of turns. Is there a source of new material, impregnated paper or
plastic film presumably also?
Also best material/process for coating/impregnating the outer surface
against damp/condensation ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England