DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony TA-F590ES amp transformer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/171408-sony-ta-f590es-amp-transformer.html)

Aron Tinnitus August 4th 06 01:49 PM

Sony TA-F590ES amp transformer

can someone tell me what transformer I need to replace the one I
broke?

I've brought it to a shop to get it repaired, but they say they cant
fix it, cus the cost of a new transformer would cost €250 :rolleyes:

Jerry G. August 5th 06 03:58 AM

Sony TA-F590ES amp transformer

You need the original transformer. There are no after market parts for
your amp.
At this point you have to make the decision to service your amplifier,
or to bin it.

Jerry G.

Aron Tinnitus August 5th 06 11:30 AM

Sony TA-F590ES amp transformer

anyone?

Arfa Daily August 6th 06 12:07 PM

Sony TA-F590ES amp transformer

"Aron Tinnitus" wrote in message
m...
anyone?

What more can we tell you ? As Jerry said, you cannot sub the transformer
for anything other than an exact Sony replacement. Apart from anything else,
the transformer is a designated safety component, so any kind of
non-standard replacement would immediately invalidate any safety
certification that the manufacturers originally built into the equipment.

Arfa

Michael A. Terrell August 6th 06 04:10 PM

Aron Tinnitus wrote:

can someone tell me what transformer I need to replace the one I
broke?

I've brought it to a shop to get it repaired, but they say they cant
fix it, cus the cost of a new transformer would cost €250 :rolleyes:

Isn't there someone who rewinds, or winds custom power transformers
in your area? I know of several in the US.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Aron Tinnitus August 12th 06 03:37 PM

Sony TA-F590ES amp transformer

there's some numbers on the transformer but i cant really find
something on google about em..maybe someone can help me out?

1-423-828-11

7 3K3 TK (dunno if these belong together, there's quite a big space
between em)

[email protected] August 12th 06 06:17 PM

Aron Tinnitus wrote:
there's some numbers on the transformer but i cant really find
something on google about em..maybe someone can help me out?

1-423-828-11

7 3K3 TK (dunno if these belong together, there's quite a big space
between em)

That is a Sony part number. You need to contact a Sony authorized
parts distributor or Sony direct to inquire about the part availability
and price.

Unless the repair shop was putting a huge mark up on the transformer,
which is unlikely if they want any work, the price Sony puts on the
part is the price you will pay.

What more do you want to know, you have a Sony part that you have to
buy from Sony or an authorized parts distributor. Barring finding an
identical unit on ebay that has some other problem, you are not likely
going to find the part for any less.