DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can't reset Panasonic lamp hourmeter (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/170449-cant-reset-panasonic-lamp-hourmeter.html)

[email protected] July 26th 06 09:59 PM

Can't reset Panasonic lamp hourmeter

I have a Panasonic PT-45LC12 LCD rear projector TV. I just replaced the
bulb and tried to follow the instructions to reset the lamp hour meter;
i.e., hold down the TV's Volume-- button while pressing the remote's
PIP/Play button. It didn't work...even after several attempts, and
after unplugging the TV from the wall socket and reconnecting. Any
suggestions would be appreciated for solving the problem, or am I just
stuck with a TV that doesn't obey commands anymore?

Art July 27th 06 12:11 AM

Can't reset Panasonic lamp hourmeter

Diligence, even the professional technicians have occasional difficulty
pursuing this specific function on the
Panasonic sets. Try again, advance the volume to about 1/3 the way then
attempt he procedure again. Eventually it will work unless the EPROM data is
contaminated, which is highly doubtful.
ups.com...

[email protected] July 27th 06 05:24 PM

Can't reset Panasonic lamp hourmeter

Thanks, Art, for the tip...but I guess it takes a better man than I to
make that process work. Tried it for 20 minutes last night, with every
conceivable volume setting, and still no results. Guess the EPROM is
bad.

Art wrote:
Diligence, even the professional technicians have occasional difficulty
pursuing this specific function on the
Panasonic sets. Try again, advance the volume to about 1/3 the way then
attempt he procedure again. Eventually it will work unless the EPROM data is
contaminated, which is highly doubtful.
ups.com...

jakdedert July 27th 06 10:13 PM

wrote:
Thanks, Art, for the tip...but I guess it takes a better man than I to
make that process work. Tried it for 20 minutes last night, with every
conceivable volume setting, and still no results. Guess the EPROM is
bad.

Have you tried it with the set turned OFF? I struggled with a Hughes
projector once which required a switch sequence like that, but it only
worked that way.

jak

Art wrote:
Diligence, even the professional technicians have occasional difficulty
pursuing this specific function on the
Panasonic sets. Try again, advance the volume to about 1/3 the way then
attempt he procedure again. Eventually it will work unless the EPROM data is
contaminated, which is highly doubtful.
ups.com...

davidbow August 5th 06 06:40 PM

Can't reset Panasonic lamp hourmeter

This works. Here is what I did.
How To Reset Panasonic LCD Lamp Timer:

Step 1: I turned the volume all the way up.
Step 2: Hold the Volume - button on the TV (Not the remote) until it
was at 0. Keep holding the Volume - button down.
Step 3: Press and hold the PIP/Play button on the remote until the
message shows the timer has been reset to 0.

Hole that helps.

[email protected] August 8th 06 12:03 AM

Can't reset Panasonic lamp hourmeter

Thanks to everyone who took the time to send me a suggestion. I finally
got the hour meter reset--and the key was so simple I'm still shaking
my head. I'd been trying to reset the meter while the "Reset lamp
timer" message box was showing on TV startup. Based on the information
I've received on this forum, I figured it was worth a try to reset the
meter AFTER canceling out the message box. Sure enough, worked like a
charm. Duhhh...