DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Most likely suspect? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/169269-most-likely-suspect.html)

VCR Gymnast July 15th 06 11:28 PM

Most likely suspect?

I have an old Sony SLO-325 Industrial Beta VCR that I have been
restoring. It works well, but only after it has been powered up for
30-45 minutes. Started cold, the audio is OK but the video is complete
noise. After 30-45 minutes, the video returns in perfect color without
noise. I suspect a bad capacitor somewhere in the power supply, but
could something else explain the need for such a "warm-up" time?

JANA July 16th 06 10:45 AM

Most likely suspect?

In these older machines, you can have any type of component becoming thermo
sensitive. The rate of the effect all depends on the rate and
characteristics of the temperature change.

The best approach is with a heat gun and a few cans of freeze spray.

--

JANA
_____

oups.com...