Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Orion 13" TV/VCR combo (model no: TVCR1321)

I have a Orion 13" TV/VCR combo (model no: TVCR1321) with a missing
remote.

Can someone tell me how to access the onscreen menu using the buttons
on the front of the tv?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

For your set, you need the original remote only.

--

JANA
_____

"ponomo" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Orion 13" TV/VCR combo (model no: TVCR1321) with a missing
remote.

Can someone tell me how to access the onscreen menu using the buttons
on the front of the tv?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ponomo wrote:
Thanks Jana. I figured that was the answer since I pressed every
button and combination of buttons a hundred times.

Funny thing is that a unviversal remote won't work either. I can bring
up the menu with the universal remote but can't enter any numbers or
scroll through any numbers.

Try this with your universal remote: Bring up the menu, and use play to
scroll up, stop to scroll down, rewind to scroll left, and ffw to
scroll right. Hit menu again to exit.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Some universal remotes will do partial functions. It is more of a
coincidence. The universals are basic remotes only. There are too many codes
and combinations for the universal remote manufactures to make a fully
compatible remote.

There is a remote on the market called One For All. This one can do most all
the functions in a TV set. But, it is a challenge to set it up. After you
buy the remote, you can contact the distributor to have a list of
programmable codes for your TV set. There is no guarantee it will work.

Considering the need for the original remote, since you need it, find out
who the distributor is for your TV set, and see if it is worth to order a
new remote.

--

JANA
_____

"ponomo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Jana. I figured that was the answer since I pressed every
button and combination of buttons a hundred times.

Funny thing is that a unviversal remote won't work either. I can bring
up the menu with the universal remote but can't enter any numbers or
scroll through any numbers.

Thanks again.

JANA wrote:
For your set, you need the original remote only.

--

JANA
_____

oups.com...