DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Harmon Kardon 3375 receiver, no sound out right channel (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/168552-harmon-kardon-3375-receiver-no-sound-out-right-channel.html)

gerund July 8th 06 11:23 PM

Harmon Kardon 3375 receiver, no sound out right channel

The right channel first started to crackle a little bit, then over the course of a few days it stopped outputting sound altogether. I am able to hear a little bit of the high end if I crank the volume way up. Ideas anyone?

Thanks!!

Arfa Daily July 8th 06 11:42 PM

"gerund" wrote in message

The right channel first started to crackle a little bit, then over the
course of a few days it stopped outputting sound altogether. I am able
to hear a little bit of the high end if I crank the volume way up.
Ideas anyone?

Thanks!!

gerund

First suspicion would have to be bad joints around the right channel output
stage. Covers off, music playing, and gentle taps with the butt end of a
Biro pen, see if you can get it to crackle again, or even come back on. If
yes, then start having a look for cracked or dry solder joints.

Arfa