Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Portable Stereo CFD-E90 is "Dead"

Hi,

Sony Portable Stereo Model CFD-E90 (I have no schematic)

My Mom brought me her Sony stereo to work on (I am a service tech). The
unit is totally "dead" (won't turn on) no display of any kind. I tried
batteries as well as AC power. The power supply is working as far as 12V
and 3V. I assume that 3V is used for the system control IC. The 3V
is present at the system control IC (smd). There is no turn on voltage
from the system control IC when the power button is pressed. It seems
to me that perhaps the system control IC may be defective? Did you
have a similar experience?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.