DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tektronix 2247A scope fix? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/166894-tektronix-2247a-scope-fix.html)

[email protected] June 26th 06 09:56 PM

Tektronix 2247A scope fix?

Can somebody help me out? I've got a nice 2247A that was working fine,
but I suspect blew the PS since no lights, no fan, no nuttin' happens.
I turned it on and off several times ( I was looking for the source of
some RF noise) before it stopped working.
I have the schematics, but if anyone has run into this before and
could point at a particular area or part or procedure I'd appreciate
it, or even would recommend someone who is familiar with these 'scopes
and repairs and calibrates them.

G. Cook

David C. Partridge June 27th 06 08:56 AM

Tektronix 2247A scope fix?

This may just a simple problem with tantalums going high ESR or shorted, so
check for that first. If not you will probably need a service manual which
is relatively easy to get from vendors on eBay (particularly if you can live
with a scan). Artek, or QService spring to mind, but that are plenty of
others too.

D.