DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Singer vacuum cleaner motor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/165473-singer-vacuum-cleaner-motor.html)

johndee June 13th 06 05:17 AM

Singer vacuum cleaner motor

Hello: I am trying to re-assemble the motor on a vacuum cleaner I
found next to the dumpster. The problem is that I cannot fit the
armature or commutator through the carbon brushes without removing the
stationary magnet first. But, once the armature is fitted correctly so
that the brushes are on it, then I cannot put the stationary magnet
back on. It appears that the bearing and the fan are glued or welded to
the shaft, so I cannot remove those items to replace the stationary
magnet. A diagram would be helpful, but I can't find one. This vacuum
cleaner appears to be made in the early 90's, from the codes on
different pieces throughout. Any suggestions?