DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TV reception (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/165345-tv-reception.html)

[email protected] June 12th 06 04:07 AM

TV reception

I live in Riverside, CA (about 50 miles east of Los Angeles).

I do NOT have a cable system nor a satellite ("dish") system.

Except for small "dish"-type antennas, the condo-rules allow
"yagi"-type antennas only in the attic of each house. But, knowing how
much signal is lost by attic-installation, my Terk TV38 antenna is
laying on a flat roof (so it's not too conspicuous to the condo-board).
A coax cable runs across the roof for 15 feet, goes down 4 feet into
the attic and is connected to a Radio Shack signal amplifier. A coax
cable then goes from the amplifier, through the attic for about 30 feet
to the TV set.

Here are the channels I get:

Note: KVCR 24's tower has a compass orientation of 51 degrees and is 9
miles from my house. The towers for all of the other channels have a
compass orientation of 287 degrees and are 43 miles from my house.

Call Sign Network Channel Picture Quality *

KCBS CBS 2 F
KNBC NBC 4 G
KTLA WB 5 E
KABC ABC 7 E
KCAL IND 9 F
KTTV FOX 11 P
KCOP UPN 13 P
KVCR PBS 24 P
KCET PBS 28 F
KOCE PBS 50 E
KDOC IND 56 G
KLCS PBS 58 E

* Reception ratings:
E = excellent (crystal clear)
G = slight snow
F = moderate snow
P = can't see picture

Any suggestions on what I can do to get better reception?