Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Default TOSHIBA CX35C60 COLOR AND LACK THEREOF

I have a Toshiba CX35C60 that I just acquired to hold me over until I
make the HDTV plunge. It works great except on a rare occassion (like 5
minutes after asking my wife if the TV is still working great!), the
picture will suddenly go totally black and white. In the time it takes
to switch channels on the cable to see that the cable menu screen is
also displaying B&W, it will recover. Is this a common problem for this
set, bad color burst crystal, part failure or an adjustment? Or is it
hypersensitivity to the color signal from the cable box? Where can I
obtain a schematic? Also I read this set has scan velocity modulation
(SVM). Is this undesired? I have noticed some odd vertical resolution on
some images. Can the SVM be defeated by pulling a cable? Is this
something I should do?

Secondly, I did not get the remote with the set, it appears that
enabling stereo requires the remote. Is there another way through the
front panel service menu (I need documentation for this as well Help!)
that I can turn on the stereo audio,

Otherwise I am happy with the set.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:
[...]

If you're using a digital cable box like a Motorola or Scientific
Atlanta, use the Svideo output of the box and go to the tv and see if
you lose color then. If it's your comb filter circuit causing it,
Svideo bypasses that circuit. And short and sweet, leave your skinners
off the SVM circuit. If you're having vertical issues on some images,
then the vertical circuit needs repair or, if it's not that bad, leave
it alone. And, as I suggested to you before, try 1-800-remotes to find
an original remote or check Ebay.

www.techdata-kicksass.net
Otherwise I am happy with the set.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Thanks for the tip. I have an S/A cable box. I will get cabled for
S-Video amd see if problem goes away. As far as the vertical, I
sometimes think I see moire effects if a newscaster has pinstripes, a
funky tie or even greased back hair! Maybe I am not used to this bigger
set or need to watch better news programs. The remote and mono default
is a big issue. I will call them tomorrow to see if an OEM remote still
exists.

Thanks for your help. Joe

Tech Data wrote:

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Can you explain this? My second TV (NAD 26M) does take a while to settle
on channel if the AFC is engaged. If the AFC is off, it tunes right in.
Seems to be backwards from what one would expect.

Tech Data wrote:

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I should mention that th TOSHIBA goes into B&W while watching, not
switching channels, I have encountered that affect with other TV's
especially if turning on an RF source while the TV is already turned on.