DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA cable problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/163702-rca-cable-problem.html)

[email protected] May 30th 06 04:18 AM

RCA cable problem

I have a car stereo system and in which if i hook up the rca cables
the rear speakers turn off............and do not work .......the
amplfier turns on but i have never had system working because of
problem........???????

Yukio YANO May 30th 06 08:23 AM

RCA cable problem

wrote:
I have a car stereo system and in which if i hook up the rca cables
the rear speakers turn off............and do not work .......the
amplfier turns on but i have never had system working because of
problem........???????

Some RCA sockets have a built-in Switch that is activated by plugging in
the RCA connector.
Or your RCA cables are shortted and killing the signal to the rear speakers.
It sounds more like you are plugging into a pair of switching OUTPUT rca
connectors.
What is at the other end of you plug-in RCA connectored cables ?
Speakers, or another Signal source ?
Yukio YANO

[email protected] May 31st 06 04:43 AM

RCA cable problem

i did not understand the RCa cables are running to my volfenhagen 2000
watt amp and when i plug into back of cd player rear speakers shut off!