DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trouble with aftermarket battery charger: Need schematic (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/163361-trouble-aftermarket-battery-charger-need-schematic.html)

Dan May 26th 06 10:54 PM

Trouble with aftermarket battery charger: Need schematic

I have one of these Universal Smart Chargers
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...odID=2350&HS=1
which I use to charge my 12 volt drill's nicad battery pack. I guess
these are commonly used by RC car/plane enthusiasts. I don't use the
drill all that much, so I probably haven't charged the battery more than
5 times since getting the charger about 1 year ago. Yesterday when I
went to charge the battery, the charger was completely inoperable. No
red/green indicator light, no voltage output. Opening the charger, I see
that surface mount resistors R8 & R5 are burned, so burned I am unable
to read the code on them to determine their value. Does anyone have any
idea where I might find schematic for this charger? I have tried the
place I bought the charger, all they want to do is sell me a new one
(fat chance). Perhaps someone else has one of these & wouldn't mind
opening theirs & telling me what the code on these 2 resistors is
(remove the 2 screws located under the stick on rubber feet at the top
of the label on the back, then the back comes off easily). I guess
these are commonly used by RC car/plane enthusiasts.

Thanks in advance

David