DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mutli-output transformer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/161808-mutli-output-transformer.html)

[email protected] May 17th 06 02:36 PM

Mutli-output transformer

Hi,

I require a chassis transformer with the following properties:

Primary 0-110-220V
Secondary 2*16v and 2*11V
25VA

The exact secondary voltages may vary from those stated by a volt or 2
as they feed a regulated supply (78XX and 79XX linear regulators).
This is to repair a piece of equipment and there is not room for two
seperate transformers. Any ideas where I might get one?

Cheers,

Terry

Dave Plowman (News) May 17th 06 03:00 PM

Mutli-output transformer

In article om,
wrote:
I require a chassis transformer with the following properties:

Primary 0-110-220V
Secondary 2*16v and 2*11V
25VA

The exact secondary voltages may vary from those stated by a volt or 2
as they feed a regulated supply (78XX and 79XX linear regulators).
This is to repair a piece of equipment and there is not room for two
seperate transformers. Any ideas where I might get one?

It's not over expensive to have transformers specially made, if you can't
find a stock item.

http://www.vvttransformers.co.uk/

Is it not available from the maker as a spare?

--
*What boots up must come down *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

kip May 17th 06 03:08 PM

Mutli-output transformer

Check the Hammond web page ..
If they don't have it they will make you one.

kip
ps.com...

mc May 17th 06 03:23 PM

Mutli-output transformer

It's not over expensive to have transformers specially made, if you can't
find a stock item.
http://www.vvttransformers.co.uk/

Could they even take the original transformer, unwind it, find the break,
fix it, and wind it back?

mc May 17th 06 03:25 PM

Mutli-output transformer

Check the Hammond web page ..
If they don't have it they will make you one.

For a $500 minimum order, they say! Or am I looking at the wrong place?