DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fire Up CRT TV/DVD Without CRT Connected? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/161580-fire-up-crt-tv-dvd-without-crt-connected.html)

JR North May 16th 06 01:57 AM

Fire Up CRT TV/DVD Without CRT Connected?

I need to start up my Toshiba 9" TV/DVD TV to remove a DVD. I have the
CRT removed (long story). Is it safe to just ground the HT lead to
chassis and have the neck board disconnected for a few seconds power up
to cycle the tray without blowing up the boards?
Thanks
JR

AZ Nomad May 16th 06 02:17 AM

On Mon, 15 May 2006 17:57:56 -0700, JR North wrote:

I need to start up my Toshiba 9" TV/DVD TV to remove a DVD. I have the
CRT removed (long story). Is it safe to just ground the HT lead to
chassis and have the neck board disconnected for a few seconds power up
to cycle the tray without blowing up the boards?

Turn the tray motor by hand.

Or just take a 16" screwdriver to it. Break off any plastic that gets
in your way.

Sam Goldwasser May 16th 06 02:32 AM

AZ Nomad writes:

On Mon, 15 May 2006 17:57:56 -0700, JR North wrote:

I need to start up my Toshiba 9" TV/DVD TV to remove a DVD. I have the
CRT removed (long story). Is it safe to just ground the HT lead to
chassis and have the neck board disconnected for a few seconds power up
to cycle the tray without blowing up the boards?

Turn the tray motor by hand.

This is the best suggestion.

Grounding the HT lead when powering is a sure way to blow it up.

Just turn the tray motor by hand. Didn't I hear that before? :)

--- sam

[email protected] May 16th 06 02:37 AM

Fire Up CRT TV/DVD Without CRT Connected?

..... personally.... I like the "16 inch screwdriver" idea.