DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Transformer information (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/156040-transformer-information.html)

[email protected] May 3rd 06 04:20 PM

Transformer information

Hi,

I have a transformer with a primary winding blown, and can not find any
info to get a replacement. The markings on the transformer a

110V 230V 16V 25VA
TPL60V003K
TKP0228-394

Any ideas where I could get a replacement?

Many thanks,

Terry

Dave Plowman (News) May 3rd 06 04:54 PM

Transformer information

In article .com,
wrote:
I have a transformer with a primary winding blown, and can not find any
info to get a replacement. The markings on the transformer a

110V 230V 16V 25VA
TPL60V003K
TKP0228-394

Unusual voltage. Is it from a battery charger?

--
*"I am " is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

GregS May 3rd 06 05:13 PM

Transformer information

In article .com, wrote:
Hi,

I have a transformer with a primary winding blown, and can not find any
info to get a replacement. The markings on the transformer a

110V 230V 16V 25VA
TPL60V003K
TKP0228-394

Any ideas where I could get a replacement?

Many thanks,

Terry

What voltage are you feeding it. Sounds like the other half of the winding should still be
opperating. I would try Radio Shack since I think I got
one around that voltage as I remember.

greg

PJ May 3rd 06 05:59 PM

Transformer information

wrote in message oups.com...
Hi,

I have a transformer with a primary winding blown, and can not find any
info to get a replacement. The markings on the transformer a

110V 230V 16V 25VA
TPL60V003K
TKP0228-394

Any ideas where I could get a replacement?

Many thanks,

Terry

If the winding isn't burned to a crisp, check to see if there is a blown fuse under the tape around the winding. Very
common....Paul