DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Peavey XR600 amp oscillation (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/155034-peavey-xr600-amp-oscillation.html)

[email protected] April 26th 06 02:10 AM

Peavey XR600 amp oscillation

Hello,

I am working on a PV xr 600 mixer amp that has two amplifier channels
on the same board. I replaced smoked and shorted components and the
amp does work but it clips early and oscillates on the negative swing
of the wave form at about -20 volts driving an 8 ohm load. Funny
thing is the waveform is perfect if I touch the heatsink that mounts
one the driver transistors. There is also no trace of oscillation with
no load.
Any one have experience with this??

Thanks,
JL

Tech Data April 26th 06 12:37 PM

Peavey XR600 amp oscillation

No help on the problem but, if you need the schematic, all I need is an
email addy and I'll fire it off to you.

www.techdata-kicksass.net

Neilish April 26th 06 04:58 PM

Peavey XR600 amp oscillation

"Tech Data" wrote in message
oups.com...
No help on the problem but, if you need the schematic, all I need is an
email addy and I'll fire it off to you.

www.techdata-kicksass.net

I worked on a peavey power amp that had blown output transistors - replaced
the output trannies and the trannies in the previous stage - but output was
very low on one channel - turned out there was a small signal transistor
blown that was causing the output limiting circuit to cut in

hope this helps

neilish