DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What Brand Hard Drive?? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/154700-what-brand-hard-drive.html)

talented79 April 23rd 06 08:15 PM

What Brand Hard Drive??

Hello,
What 30GB, brand, hard drive can go in the GateWay Solo 3150 LS,
besides Apricorn theirs is so high. thanks in adavance

Tom MacIntyre April 23rd 06 08:29 PM

What Brand Hard Drive??

On 23 Apr 2006 12:15:55 -0700, "talented79"
wrote:

Hello,
What 30GB, brand, hard drive can go in the GateWay Solo 3150 LS,
besides Apricorn theirs is so high. thanks in adavance

Barring unusual proprietary factors, if that computer has anything
like a standard BIOS that can have the HDD type set to Auto, or can
have the parameters entered manually, just about any HDD of that size
should work, if any 30G has worked in the first place...YMMV, though,
because...

I see that it's old, and at least at one point featured small drive
choices.

http://developer.novell.com/yes/52760.htm

Here's a spot where you can get bigger ones...from a Google search...

http://www.mundocorp.com/3150.html

Tom

talented79 April 25th 06 12:50 AM

What Brand Hard Drive??

thanks i know of both pages mundocorp high to. I really didny take the
time to read the other link like i should have really just read it. I
see the brands Toshiba,IBM,Hitachi. So i'll look for a 30HD under those
brands. THANKS!!

talented79 April 25th 06 01:16 AM

What Brand Hard Drive??

ok on the BOIS part it says:
BIOS Ver. 13.55
2.0 Bois Extensions Enabled. Does that tell you anything?