DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The Sony Trinitron won't start,.. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/153847-re-sony-trinitron-wont-start.html)

JANA April 18th 06 08:17 AM

The Sony Trinitron won't start,..

Thermo sensitive parts. After the power is on for a while, they heat up and
drift close enough in to specs. When cooled down, they are out of specs.
Most of the time, it is capacitors that can become thermo sensitive with
age.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
Hello, when we push the power button there is no response; nothing
lights up at all. My neighbor said if he remembered to just push the
button once it would all of a sudden come on by itself after a half
hour or so and everything would be fine.
I removed gobs of dust and checked the fuses a wiggled the
wires/connectors. The ON button is kind of pressure button that runs a
flip-flop circuit but disapears into the maze. The power section has
ac but no dc. I was hoping this is a common problem or easy fix for
someone familiar with tv repair. Thank you.