DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Capacitor Help... (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/153819-capacitor-help.html)

Michael Kennedy April 18th 06 02:42 AM

Capacitor Help...

I have an inverter board out of a LCD monitor with a bad cap.. I was
wondering what value it is. It says "22k 3k v" I asume that means 22
Pico-Farads 10%tolerance and it is rated for 3000 volts.

Okay.. I'm posting pictures of the inverter board and was wondering if I
should probably replace anything else.

http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00357.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00358.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00359.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00360.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00361.JPG

Thanks for any help..

- Mike

Homer April 18th 06 04:20 PM

Capacitor Help...

A guy here at work had the same problem, replaced the cap and the
display was dim. He threw out the monitor.

Homer

Michael Kennedy April 18th 06 05:00 PM

Capacitor Help...

Why would he throw out a monitor because of a bad inverter board?
It could have also had bad ccfl lamps, that would cause it to be dim.
- Mike

oups.com...

David C. Partridge April 19th 06 08:40 AM

Capacitor Help...

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..
I have an inverter board out of a LCD monitor with a bad cap.. I was
wondering what value it is. It says "22k 3k v" I asume that means 22
Pico-Farads 10%tolerance and it is rated for 3000 volts.

I think that is more likely to be a 22nF (22000pF) capacitor than a 22pF
one.

Dave

Dave April 20th 06 03:35 AM

Capacitor Help...

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..
I have an inverter board out of a LCD monitor with a bad cap.. I was
wondering what value it is. It says "22k 3k v" I asume that means 22
Pico-Farads 10%tolerance and it is rated for 3000 volts.

Okay.. I'm posting pictures of the inverter board and was wondering if I
should probably replace anything else.

http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00357.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00358.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00359.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00360.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00361.JPG

Thanks for any help..

- Mike

Most output caps on inverters are in the 22 - 47pf range @ 3KV depending on
who designed the inverter. To see an example inverter schematic, do a
search on AOC EN9110 Schematic. There are other inverter schematics out
there but this one will give you a start.
Dave