DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hard Start Kit for GE Refrigerator (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/153770-hard-start-kit-ge-refrigerator.html)

[email protected] April 17th 06 09:56 PM

Hard Start Kit for GE Refrigerator

I am trying to install a hard start kit on a GE refrigerator. I bought
the Supco "3-in-1" RC 0410 ($24) and I have some questions...

The 3-in-1 has three wires (white, black and red) that connect to the
compressor. No problem there. The question I have is how to hook up
the 2 black "power wires", as my fridge has a square area from which 6
wires come off. Also 2 wires are cracked so I assume I will have to
replace them.

Here is the link to the diagram I drew:
http://www.filefactory.com/?4259cb

Here is my problem:

From the plug, there is a green ground, then a big square part. From

the plug side of the square comes a black wire that goes to the cap.
(A white wire goes from the cap to what I think is the realy (see
below)). From the fridge side of the square there is 5 wires. A
brown, black and orange that go foward past the coils toward the front
of the fridge. There is also a orange wire that goes to the guardette
and a black wire that goes to what I think is the relay. (What I think

is the relay has a copper coil on it and a red sticker and has 3 clips

that attach to the compressor). (After the guardette there is an
orange wire that goes to the fan and then a grey wire that comes off
the fan.)

How do I hook up the 2 wires from the SUPCO 3-in-1 to the power cord?

Also, the orange wire between the square part and the guardette is
dried out and cracked. Also, the black wire between the square part
and what I think is the relay is also cracked.

So, I need to know how to hook up the hard start and also how to
replace the broken wires. (Do I need to replace the square part on the

cord that all the wires splice out of?

I appreciate any help you all can supply.

Dennis