DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Philips 42 PF plasma power supply problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/153574-philips-42-pf-plasma-power-supply-problem.html)

sunnylion April 16th 06 12:27 PM

Philips 42 PF plasma power supply problem

Set refuses power on, both on remote as panel button, standby light is
on.
As this set is already 4 years old, is it worth fixing?
The panel was ok until failure.

Bart Bervoets

[email protected] April 16th 06 04:14 PM

Philips 42 PF plasma power supply problem

Bart Bervoets:
Without a qualified tech getting inside with some test equipment and
diagnostic knowledge how can anyone say whether it is worth fixing or
not?
Could be fairly easy to fix or could be a basket case??? No way to
know based on the total lack of technical and troubleshooting results
and details in your original posting.
At the very least you should TAKE it to a service shop for a repair
cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts
instead of wild guesses.
electricitym
..
..
..

[email protected] April 16th 06 04:44 PM

wrote:
Bart Bervoets:
Without a qualified tech getting inside with some test equipment and
diagnostic knowledge how can anyone say whether it is worth fixing or
not?
Could be fairly easy to fix or could be a basket case??? No way to
know based on the total lack of technical and troubleshooting results
and details in your original posting.
At the very least you should TAKE it to a service shop for a repair
cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts
instead of wild guesses.
electricitym
.
.
.

I would revise that to say you should call a Philips authorized
servicer that has been trained on the Plasma sets to come out and look
at it in your home. The chance of damage in moving it is a lot higher
if you are trying to get it into the car a few times.

[email protected] April 16th 06 08:29 PM

Philips 42 PF plasma power supply problem

this is only a 42"..... quite easy for one person to carefully move
around. In my shop we consider this a "carry-in" size.

Art April 17th 06 08:42 PM

Philips 42 PF plasma power supply problem

Presume the power supply and maybe one or both of the sustain panels. Also,
if you are Philips Authorized, go their website and download the service
related bulletins for the specific model. Than way you will have the
partainent data to that specific model. BTW, I'v seen those carryins beign
transported glass down in the back of a pickup!!
oups.com...

sunnylion April 18th 06 08:01 AM

Art wrote:
Presume the power supply and maybe one or both of the sustain panels. Also,
if you are Philips Authorized, go their website and download the service
related bulletins for the specific model. Than way you will have the
partainent data to that specific model. BTW, I'v seen those carryins beign
transported glass down in the back of a pickup!!
wrote in message
oups.com...
this is only a 42"..... quite easy for one person to carefully move
around. In my shop we consider this a "carry-in" size.

I am a technician but not familiar with plasma.
As well the screen is not with me so i based me on my friend's error
explanation.
Power supply was my guess as well.

Bart Bervoets