DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dell P991 Color Band on Left Side (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/153001-dell-p991-color-band-left-side.html)

[email protected] April 12th 06 02:11 AM

Dell P991 Color Band on Left Side

This monitor has a faint greenish-blue band on the left side from the
edge to about 2" out, running from top to bottom. There are no sources
of magnetism and I have relocated it to same effect. I have run "Color
Return," no luck. Any ideas?

[email protected] April 12th 06 12:25 PM

Dell P991 Color Band on Left Side

Oh, and I have degaussed. I got this monitor used, is it possible
that this is a burn-in issue?

Remove _ for valid address April 13th 06 10:53 PM

In article om, wrote:
Oh, and I have degaussed. I got this monitor used, is it possible
that this is a burn-in issue?

If you fiddle with the user controls for geometry, then a screen burn
will stay in exactly the same place. If it's an electrical issue such as
a bad electrolytic capacitor (which I'd guess is more likely) then the
problem is going to move around a bit as the image geometry changes.

Mike.

[email protected] April 14th 06 02:59 AM

Dell P991 Color Band on Left Side

Spot stays in the same place, guess I have a little burn-in...