DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Siemens 2415 - refuses to register the handset (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/152762-siemens-2415-refuses-register-handset.html)

parallax April 10th 06 07:05 AM

Siemens 2415 - refuses to register the handset

While trying to register Siemens 242 handset to 2415, I de-registered
the original handset following someone's advice. It turned out 242
cannot work with 2415 model at all.
However when I tried later to register the 2415 handset with the base
unit, it dispays
"Registering system 1" for a long time, ending with "Inorrect PIN". I
resetted the PIN code to the factory default ( 0000) by pressing *65#
and tried again, but no success. I have the manual and I did everything
as descibed there. Is this a base unit problem or a handset problem?
Anybody with experience with this model phone?
Thanks

Scott Lane April 10th 06 07:13 PM

Siemens 2415 - refuses to register the handset

"parallax" wrote in message
oups.com...
While trying to register Siemens 242 handset to 2415, I de-registered
the original handset following someone's advice. It turned out 242
cannot work with 2415 model at all.
However when I tried later to register the 2415 handset with the base
unit, it dispays
"Registering system 1" for a long time, ending with "Inorrect PIN". I
resetted the PIN code to the factory default ( 0000) by pressing *65#
and tried again, but no success. I have the manual and I did everything
as descibed there. Is this a base unit problem or a handset problem?
Anybody with experience with this model phone?
Thanks

I apologize. I meant for you to de-register the 242 handset, not the
original 2415 handset.
I had similar problems with a 2415 I bought 'refurbed' from Staples that had
someone else's PIN. I called Siemens and they walked me thru the process of
clearing the system and registering the handset. I would have you call
Siemens now. I had the directions written down but can't find them now.
Siemens has very good support and will be glad to help you. Good luck.
Scott