DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dead Sony T.V.'s. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/152598-re-dead-sony-t-v-s.html)

Dani April 8th 06 10:18 PM

Dead Sony T.V.'s.

I replaced the flyback, horizontal drive transformer, & every high
voltage diode, & capacitor, just to save time, as I had a lot of
"known" good parts to try. The geometry & overall picture was fine. I
added a finned aluminum heat sink to the thin plate Sony heat sink, &
now the set runs cool, & seems ok now. I will reasearch this later, &
post my findings. Thanks to all for the input. Dani.