DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Black display on Dell Inspiron 8000 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/152301-black-display-dell-inspiron-8000-a.html)

tedcwynar April 6th 06 04:38 PM

Black display on Dell Inspiron 8000

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 and I am experiencing problems with the
LCD. A few minutes after the system has booted and the desktop
appears, the display goes black. However, you can faintly make out
what is on the desktop if you look closely enough. I did attach an
external monitor to my laptop and it works fine.

From the posts I have read on this forum and others, the problem could

be related to the inverter, backlight, or ribbon cable.

I don't have enough knowledge to know which part(s) needs to be
replaced. I would appreciate any insight on how to make this
determination.

In addition, I began to disassemble my laptop and have the LCD panel
flipped out from the protective casing. I don't know where these any
of these parts are located. If anyone can provide some instructions or
diagram resources, this would be appreciated as well.

The part listing for LCD: 0D146
SUBASSEMBLY, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 15, SAMSUNG, V.2, LONSDALE/LAVACA

Thanks,
Ted Cwynar