DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA VR678HF won't accept tape (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/152111-rca-vr678hf-wont-accept-tape.html)

Stephen Patterson April 5th 06 04:12 AM

RCA VR678HF won't accept tape

I reset the clock on my VCR Sunday morning. When I turned off the VCR,
it ejected the tape that was in the unit. Now it will not accept any
tape. The VCR does nothing when a tape is inserted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen

[email protected] April 5th 06 05:53 AM

RCA VR678HF won't accept tape

Unplug the VCR from the AC power for a half hour.... then plug it back
in and try to insert a tape.
For this test don't worry about setting the clock.
electricitym
..
..

Stephen Patterson April 6th 06 02:23 AM

RCA VR678HF won't accept tape

In article .com,
wrote:

Unplug the VCR from the AC power for a half hour.... then plug it back
in and try to insert a tape.
For this test don't worry about setting the clock.
electricitym
.
.

This worked until I reset the clock. Then it ejected the tape again.

nvic April 7th 06 09:01 PM

RCA VR678HF won't accept tape

First off, when you say it "doesn't accept a tape", do you mean it
spits out the tape when it is inserted ot does the unit not take the
tape at all?

If it takes it and spits it out: Do you have a timer recording set?
When you are setting the clock, it maybe activating any set programs.
If so, some VCRs require either a tape with the protection tab intact,
or no tape when it is turned off. I have a panasonic VCR that does the
exact same thing when the clock it is set. Just put a blank tape in to
fix it.

If it doesn't attempt to take any tape, it may have bad logic
circuitry. At worst, don't set the clock.

Stephen Patterson April 8th 06 03:03 AM

RCA VR678HF won't accept tape

In article . com,
"nvic" wrote:

First off, when you say it "doesn't accept a tape", do you mean it
spits out the tape when it is inserted ot does the unit not take the
tape at all?

If it takes it and spits it out: Do you have a timer recording set?
When you are setting the clock, it maybe activating any set programs.
If so, some VCRs require either a tape with the protection tab intact,
or no tape when it is turned off. I have a panasonic VCR that does the
exact same thing when the clock it is set. Just put a blank tape in to
fix it.

If it doesn't attempt to take any tape, it may have bad logic
circuitry. At worst, don't set the clock.

It wont take a tape at all. It's like there is no power to the tape
tape, turned off VCR and it ejected the tape. Didn't set the clock this
time. The protection tab is on the tape. I even tried multiple tapes
just to be sure it wasn't the tape.

nvic April 20th 06 02:54 AM

RCA VR678HF won't accept tape

I used to have a VCR with a similar problem. It was a sylvania. It
would take the tape, eat it, spit it out, and start flashing "err 3".
Turns out the Feed reel was jammed with foreign objects. You might want
to see if the feed reel turns when a tape is inserted before it spis
them out. The feed reel is the one with all of the tape when the
cassette if fully rewound. Just remove the units cover, power up, and
add a cassette. Watch the wheel on the left and right. Do either spin?
if not, check for toys, and other foreign objects. Let me know what you
see, nvic.